SynopsisSee Deep Dive Sessions Here
8:30 am Conference Registration & Networking
9:10 am What it Takes to Make a Leap a Reality
- Alice Love Twelves Head of Event Content, LEAP HR, Hanson Wade
9:15 am Chair’s Welcome, Opening Remarks & Connection Before Content
- Blair Milo Secretary of Career Connections & Talent, State of Indiana
Moving from Transactional to Strategic HR in Government
9:20 am Discover: Transforming HR into the Business Partner that Government Needs to Recruit & Retain a 21st Century Workforce
- Rebecca Hunter Former HR Commissioner, State of Tennessee
9:40 am Discover: Escaping the Government Mind-Set & Introducing Big Business Initiatives to Become an Employer of Choice
- Jimmee Medina Head of Human Resources & Innovation, City of Irvine
10:00 am Discover: Looking Outside our Organizations to Anticipate What’s Next & Push the Barriers of What’s Possible
- Alex Smith Chief Human Resources Officer, City of Memphis
10:20 am Develop: What Traditional Thinking Needs to Be Challenged to Become a Strategic Function Within Government?
10:35 am Action: What Are You Now Going to Do to Transform the Strategic Capability of Your HR Department?
10:55 am Speed Networking & Refreshments
Rethinking Employee Engagement to Inspire the Next Generation of Government Employees
11:25 am Discover: How New Strategic Approaches to Creating an Expansive & Inclusive Workforce Will Dramatically Slash Agency Turnover Rates & Foster Workforce Camaraderie
- Nathaniel Benjamin Deputy Chief Human Capital Officer, Office of Management & Budget
11:45 am Discover: Turn Employee Engagement into Action: Driving Culture Change and Impacting Mission Success through Active Employee Engagement
- Sarah Redgrave Vice President, Total Rewards & Center Operations, KinderCare
12:05 pm Discover: Harnessing the Power of Data to Identify Need, Implement Change & Track Success in Boosting Employee Engagement
- Michael Zingsheim State Expert on Employee Engagement, State of Michigan
12:25 pm Develop: How Can We Boost Employee Engagement to Drive Mission Success?
12:40 pm Action: What Are You Now Going to Change to Boost Employee Engagement in Your Organization?
1:00 pm Lunch
Being Competitive in Today’s Race for Mission-Critical Talent
2:00 pm Discover: How New Hiring Transformation Initiatives Will Enable Agencies to Recruit & Retain a High Performing Workforce & Earn a Competitive Edge in Today’s Race for Mission Critical Talent
- Dia Taylor Chief Human Capital Officer, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
2:20 pm Discover: The New Approach to Talent Acquisition That Will Enable Government Agencies to Compete with the Private Sector for Top Talent
- Karen Niparko Executive Director & Chief Human Resources Officer, City & County of Denver
2:40 pm Discover: Re-inventing the Way Government Agencies Deliver HR Services: Become a Strategic Partner & Guide Effective Decision Making on Attracting, Developing & Retaining the Workforce of the Future
- Kim Bauhs Chief Human Capital Officer, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
3:00 pm Develop: What Traditional Thinking Needs Challenging Around How We Attract and Retain Younger Generations?
3:15 pm Action: How Are You Now Going to Overcome the Barriers Preventing Younger Generations Entering Government?
3:35 pm Networking & Refreshments
Next Generation HR for Future Government Organizations
4:00 pm Speed Learning
In this quick fire session, each table will be hosted by an HR leader who will share the secrets of their most high-impact leap; you then get the opportunity to question the host before moving on to your next table.
|How Handing Employees Control of Their Own Career Path Will Cut Training Costs, Enable More Effective
Talent Development & Create a More
|How Can We Operate Civil Service in a Non- Political Fashion to Ensure Innovation Continues Through Transitions of Power?
|How Can We Overcome the Fear of Failure to Drive Innovation Within Government HR Departments?
|How Government Agencies Can Foster a Culture Which Will Attract, Retain & Encourage the Workforce of Tomorrow